FreeBSD NAT and Windows Shares.

Sten Daniel Sørsdal lists at wm-access.no
Fri Jul 29 12:53:44 GMT 2005

Emile Jackson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> For some time now I have a problem with a FreeBSD NAT and I can't
> find a solution. I consulted others and some came with hardware based
> solutions, but I wonder if there is a software solution.

Since windows sharing is generally a two way protocol you might find it
a little hard to work with NAT. The name resolution is one thing and the
RPC based authentication is another.

However, why would you need to NAT intranet traffic? Isnt NATing
internet traffic enough?

Perhaps you should use proxy-arp or not use the freebsd to route traffic
between you and the other work stations (put in another switch).

--
Sten Daniel Sørsdal