gif(4) and bpf(4)

Nickolay Kritsky Nickolay.Kritsky at astra-sw.com
Wed Jan 26 02:12:27 PST 2005

Hi Jeremie.

Please tell me more about your problem: is it that tcpdump cannot attach to device, or it shows no packets when you are sure there is traffic on the gif(4) interface, or something else? If there is some error report - send it here. Please check that you have free bpf device :-) . What version of 4.x are you running? On my 4.9 system if_gif.c has references to bpf_mtap in both _input and _output routines. That should work.

Nick