public ip address behind nat

Bruce M Simpson bms at spc.org
Mon Jan 24 17:16:52 PST 2005

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 03:21:19PM -0800, Mihai Nitulescu wrote:
> I want to assign to application.example.com 193.231.43.27 and to route this ip trough nat.example.com

If you have control over the NAT device, you could set up a point-to-point
tunnel from the NAT device to the machine in the NAT domain; this would
preserve the public IP address but would require additional routing setup
(assuming that the public subnet is routed by the ISP to the NAT device).

Hope this helps,
BMS