starting rtadvd with multiple interfaces

Michael C. Cambria mcc at fid4.com
Sat Jan 22 08:46:17 PST 2005

Hi,

Is one meant to start rtadvd on more than one interface via rc.conf?

On 4.10-Stable & 5.3-Stable, I'm able to forward IPv6 traffic just fine
when I manually start rtadvd.  However, each reboot, only one interface
supplied to rtadvd_interfaces actually gets enabled.  ps ax shows just
one interface supplied and hosts just never see the router
advertisements.  Only when I kill the process, and restart manually do
all interfaces get enabled.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,
MikeC