[nesg] Re: IPv6 TCP transfers are hanging

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Wed Jan 12 14:44:31 PST 2005

Tatuya-san,

I think this is almost certainly a network issue. I suspect that the MTU
is really NOT 1500. It's probably a couple of bytes less due to
tunneling or something similar. Unfortunately when I tried ping6 to test
with various packet sizes, my FreeBSD 5.3-Stable box did a reboot. (No
panic or dump.) Not very nice. Guess I need to look at this.

Sorry to have wasted people's time on this.

If it turns out that I am wrong about this, I'll send another report.

Thanks for your time!
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)