Kern/73129 and 5.3-STABLE

David G. Andersen dga at lcs.mit.edu
Tue Feb 22 07:59:20 PST 2005

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 06:33:11PM +0100, Andre Oppermann scribed:
> "David G. Andersen" wrote:
> >
> > The last messages I saw in the archives about kern/73129 indicated
> > that it was going to be fixed "shortly"
> >
> > (73129 is the "IPFW misbehavior in RELENG_5 thread" -- it's no longer
> > possible to use ipfw fwd to perform policy routing).
> >

> Sorry, it'll be fixed in 5.4-RELEASE.  I have made up my mind how to
> fix it the most correct way.

Just a ping on this one - I've received several emails from
people off the list asking if I'd found a fix for the problem.
It seems like it would be grand if you could commit your fix
to 5-STABLE instead of waiting for 5.4-RELEASE.

  -Dave

--
Dave Andersen                                 dga at cs dot cmu.edu
Assistant Professor                           412.268.3064