ABI suggestions?

Mike Silbersack silby at silby.com
Sun Feb 20 21:26:43 PST 2005

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 20, 2005 at 07:40:35PM -0600, Mike Silbersack wrote:
>> Yes, I think that'd be very useful; when a user has a repeatable network
>> problem, we could have them turn this on and create a detailed log file
>> for us.  In cases of reset connections, etc, this would be quite useful.
>
> Wouldn't it be best to use KTR for this on 5.x/6.x instead of
> introducing another KTR-alike?
>
> Kris

TCP/IP events always happen in places where sleepable locks can be held,
so this doesn't require the semantics of KTR.  Instead, it seems feasible
to send the tcp info straight to syslog and let it direct the relevant
info to /var/log/tcpdebug.log.  No need for a translation program like
ktrdump then.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack