skc0: no PHY found

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Sun Feb 20 10:10:11 PST 2005

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005, Markus Trippelsdorf wrote:

Hi,

> My build in ethernet card (ASUS A8V mobo) does not work.
> (I've tried HEAD, RELENG_5 and RELENG_5_3):
> Are there any patches I could try out?
> The only other NIC I've got is an Intel fxp that hard locks my system
> after a while.

Could you please apply the patch at [1] and mail me the results.
It would help if you could do it on current and also enable
bootverbose (set boot_verbose=1 in loader). Relevant parts of dmesg
should be enough:

--- something like this ---
skc0:<Marvell Gigabit Ethernet> port 0xb400-0xb4ff mem...
skc0:[MPSAFE]

Thanks.

[1] http://sources.zabbadoz.net/freebsd/patchset/EXPERIMENTAL/sk-no-phy-found-debug-printf-01.diff