ng_nat revisited

Gleb Smirnoff glebius at freebsd.org
Mon Feb 7 04:46:42 PST 2005

  Darcy,

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 08:34:11AM -0800, Darcy Buskermolen wrote:
D> It's been a while since the subject of ng_nat appeared on-list, I'm wondering
D> if there has been anymore work done on this?

Now I'm trying to work on this. I don't guarantee any success in recent future.

The first step is porting libalias to be a kernel module. I have already
patches to make it compilable as kernel module, however with some features
disabled - alias monitoring, sockets, and ipfw punching. The first two can
be abandoned, but ipfw punching needs to be reimplemented in kernel.

The next step is to write ng_nat using libalias interface :)

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.
GLEBIUS-RIPN GLEB-RIPE