kernel mode httpd/ftpd for FreeBSD?

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Mon Feb 7 04:20:04 PST 2005

On Monday 07 February 2005 10:20, CHOI Junho wrote:
> Anyone knows about kernel-mode httpd/ftpd for FreeBSD? (just like tux
>  of linuxI searched several times but failed.

No there is not.  In my humble opinion it's a *really* bad idea to implement
something that vulnarable to external attacks and buffer overflows inside the
kernel.  The often claimed performance benefit can as easily be achieved with
accept filters (see esp. accf_http(9)) and kqueue(9).  There is really no
need to put this into the kernel.

/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier at freebsd.org