Does the Cisco PIX have an equivalent of the IPFW "fwd" action?

Brett Glass brett at lariat.org
Thu Feb 3 15:34:26 PST 2005

I'm setting up a FreeBSD transparent Web proxy for a client which has an old
(vintage 1998) Cisco PIX firewall router. I know how to make the proxy accept
packets forwarded to it (even though the destination IP addresses of those
packets will not be that of the proxy machine itself) and do transparent caching.
However, to complete the puzzle, I need to make the client's PIX firewall forward
outbound packets destined for port 80 (regardless of IP address) to the proxy. I
can't seen to find the magic incantation in Cisco's online docs. Does anyone here
know the Cisco equivalent of the IPFW "fwd" action, (which changes the "next hop"
MAC address of a packet if it meets the criteria specified in a rule) and how to
write a rule for the PIX to forward the packets? Help would be much appreciated.

--Brett Glass