IPSEC documentation

Eric Masson e-masson at kisoft-services.com
Wed Dec 28 08:15:46 PST 2005

Brian Candler <B.Candler at pobox.com> writes:

> OK, I'll buy gif + IPSEC transport mode as an option. [Although in that
> case, perhaps what you want is an external IPSEC tunnel mode implementation
> which attaches to a 'tun' device. That's yet another category which I hadn't
> even considered]

Any url describing this setup please ?

> I still think that gif + IPSEC tunnel mode (as currently documented) is not
> a good approach, especially if it's the *only* mode of operation to be
> documented and hence implicitly recommended as the 'right' way to do it.

Well, ipsec section of the handbook is probably not the best one, I'd
like to see it extended with the sections you talked about in this
thread. Maybe it's time to submit patches...

--
 >pourkoi faire ca c koi le but? je vois pas l interet c un forum libre
 >ou tt le monde px s exprimer c pas mtnt kil faut reagir c ds les posts
 Au secours, mon ROT-13 ne marche plus :-((((
 -+- PC in <http://www.le-gnu.net> : Neuneu decode à plein tube -+-