ng_iface+ng_netflow trouble

Vitaliy Ovsyannikov V.Ovsyannikov at kr.ru
Tue Dec 27 23:16:26 PST 2005

Hello, freebsd-net.

Look at this:
I did:
# ngctl connect vlan44: netflow: lower out31
# ngctl connect vlan44: netflow: upper iface31

What's was wrong, and I repeat with changes:

# ngctl shutdown vlan44:

it's ok, node vlan44 is gone and 'ngctl show netflow:' doesn't show any out/iface
hooks connected to it.

And I'm enter fixed commands (upper hook placed instead of lower hook):

# ngctl connect vlan44: netflow: upper out31
# ngctl connect vlan44: netflow: lower iface31

It's executes without any errors and I'm trying to look at the
results:

# ngctl show netflow: | grep vlan44
  iface31         vlan44          ether        00000136        lower

Where is out31 hook now?

If I change the hooks id from 31 to another unused value, it's does
well:

# ngctl shutdown vlan44:
# ngctl connect vlan44: netflow: upper out33
# ngctl connect vlan44: netflow: lower iface33
# ngctl show netflow: | grep vlan44
  iface33         vlan44          ether        00000136        lower
  out33           vlan44          ether        00000136        upper

--
Sincerely,
Vitaliy Ovsyannikov