Router on 6.0-stable fails to route tcp packets due to NAT?? malfunction

Gleb Smirnoff glebius at FreeBSD.org
Tue Dec 27 11:31:59 PST 2005

On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 05:55:19PM +0200, Oleg Tarasov wrote:
O> I have analysed the problem further and came to a conclusion that my
O> ISP's server is blocking ICMP type 3 packets what leads to the
O> malfunction.
O>
O> I have the latest version of ported mpd (3.18_3) installed and tried
O> to insert
O>          set iface enable tcpmssfix
O> but no positive result, but I understand that this option should help
O> in this situation.

Unfortunately this options will not help in your situation. It affects
only the packets received on the mpd's interface, while you need
to alter outgoing packets.

I have fixed this in mpd CVS, but this isn't included in any release
yet. However, if you are experienced enough with CVS you can grab
and compile sources yourself.

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.
GLEBIUS-RIPN GLEB-RIPE