Good gigabit NIC for 4.11?

Charles Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Fri Dec 23 11:46:11 PST 2005

On Dec 23, 2005, at 2:32 PM, Matt Staroscik wrote:
> I'm looking for a basic PCI 1-port card with jumbo frame support if
> possible--I can live without it. Either way, stability is much more
> important than performance.

4.11 ought to work well with both the Broadcom and Intel GB NICs.

However, there is little point to trying to use GB and jumbo frames
on a NIC in a standard 33MHz PCI slot; unless you have PCI Express
slots available or a GB card integrated with the chipset, the PCI bus
will bottleneck the system from doing much better than a 100Mbs NIC
would perform...

--
-Chuck