Please review: patch to add FAST_IPSEC stats to netstat

Kelly Yancey kelly at nttmcl.com
Wed Dec 21 21:30:52 PST 2005

   Here is a patch to display stats gathered by the FAST_IPSEC stack:

 	http://people.freebsd.org/~kbyanc/netstat-fastipsec.diff

   If you have built your kernel with FAST_IPSEC, then without this
patch "netstat -s -p ipsec" displays nothing.  With this patch, it will
display the generic ipsec stats gathered by FAST_IPSEC (which are
different than the stats collected by the KAME stack).  In addition,
stats for the "esp", "ah", and "ipcomp" protocols are also supported.
   Originally, this functionality was added in-house by Matt Titus to
FreeBSD 4.10 and I have ported it to -current as of today.  I've tried
to verify I didn't make any regressions to the -current version of
netstat in the merge process, but I would appreciate any review and/or
feedback I can get.  Barring any objections, I plan on committing this in
1 week (on the 28th).  Thank you,

   Kelly

Kelly Yancey  -  kbyanc@{posi.net,FreeBSD.org}  -  kelly at nttmcl.com