wired and wireless network setup interactions

Dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Sat Dec 17 18:32:56 PST 2005

Hello,
    I have a setup that was a 10 megabit hub holding together a freebsd6
firewall/router/webserver/other box. Updated that to a 10/100 megabitt
Belkin g+ router for wireless. The problem now that i'm having is both the
server and this new router do the following:
firewall
dhcp
dns
nat
and they both utilize separate subnets. I'd like for the Belkin router to
handle wireless traffic, while the original fbsd router handles wired as
well as it's original functions of firewall, nat, dns, and dhcp.
    If anyone has any experience with this or recommendations i'd appreciate
it. My thought was turn off the dhcp server on the belkin router and let the
original fbsd server's dhcp server handle it, but i'm not sure if doing so
will disable it's ability to accept wireless clients. I'd also like the
wireless network to be secure.
Some urgency!
Thanks.
Dave.