Bridging VLAN's

Dave Raven dave at raven.za.net
Tue Dec 13 21:41:15 PST 2005

Hi all,
	I've done some research on bridging vlans and can't get it right
with FreeBSD bridge. What I want to do is bridge an undefined number of
vlans through a BSD machine. For example. Vlan 10 from em0 out em1.

Now I can't create each vlan and bridge those, because you can't have a
vlan10 bound to em0 and to em1, if you create different ones and bridge them
the packet comes in on the right vlan but leaves tagged for the wrong one.

I read a cisco book that suggests you can bridge normally (just em0,em1) if
you set the mtu to 1496, which didn't work. I also googled someone saying
1504 - also not working.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks
Dave