Configure wireless connection using Cisco aironet 350

Doug Ambrisko ambrisko at ambrisko.com
Thu Dec 1 17:58:03 GMT 2005

Imrani writes:
| Hi,
|
|   I am trying to configure Cisco Aironet 350 wireless PCI card but I
| get an error which I am unable to find much details for that. Following
| is description of ifconfing:
|
|   > ifconfig an0
|   an0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
|         inet6 fe80::209:7cff:fe22:6eab%an0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x2
|         ether 00:09:7c:22:6e:ab
|         media: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet autoselect (DS/11Mbps)
|         status: associated
|         ssid  1:myhome channel 9
|         stationname FreeBSD
|   ano: record length mismatch -- expected 194, got 196 for Rid ff10
|         authmode OPEN privacy ON deftxkey 2 txpowmax 0 rtsthreshold 0
|         fragthreshold 0 roaming DEVICE
|

|   As you can see the wireless card is detected and status is "associated'
| but my wireless connection doesn't work. I cannot even ping the router.
|
|   Can you please help me configure wireless connection with my router.
|
|   Also, here are more details:
|
|   WEP on, encryption is 128 bits, BSD 6.0, PCI card is Cisco Aironet 350,
| AMD athalon.

Is this mini-PCI.  If so down-rev the firmware.  I got it working better
with newer version of mini-PCI but ran into problem in which checking
on status while sending data could wedge the card.  Doing a kldunload/kldload
fixes it but my reset attempts methods didn't :-(  I also have the
HW MIC support added but not the SW bits.  I been derailed on too many
other FreeBSD problems to make much progress.  I have lots of things
that need polish before they can be commited but don't have the time to
do that :-(  The biggest thing is an OpenIPMI compatable IPMI driver
so ipmitool etc. can talk via the motherboard interface.

Doug A.