if_bridge and IPv6?

Bruce A. Mah bmah at freebsd.org
Tue Aug 30 01:22:47 GMT 2005

If memory serves me right, Max Laier wrote:
> On Monday 29 August 2005 23:37, Bruce A. Mah wrote:
> > If memory serves me right, Andrew Thompson wrote:
> > > From what I can tell this is from the bridge itself, does bridging work
> > > between ipv6 hosts on either side of the bridge?
> >
> > Hmm...I haven't tried that yet.  Unfortunately I'm not in close
> > proximity to the system in question at the moment, so it'll be a few
> > hours (evening, San Francisco time) until I can try this.  I'll test and
> > report back.
> >
> > > I will try and replicate this setup tonight.
> >
> > Many thanks!
>
> Just a quick note: if_bridge does IPv6 filtering (in contrast to the old
> bridge code).  So you may want to check your settings there.

Thanks, that's a good point, and in fact I'll be depending on this
functionality eventually.  But I haven't gotten around to the point of
configuring any filtering yet (am planning on using PF eventually).
Just for good measure I tried setting net.link.bridge.pfil_bridge to 0
but that didn't have any effect I could see.

Bruce.