if_bridge and IPv6?

Bruce A. Mah bmah at freebsd.org
Mon Aug 29 21:38:00 GMT 2005

If memory serves me right, Andrew Thompson wrote:

> From what I can tell this is from the bridge itself, does bridging work
> between ipv6 hosts on either side of the bridge?

Hmm...I haven't tried that yet.  Unfortunately I'm not in close
proximity to the system in question at the moment, so it'll be a few
hours (evening, San Francisco time) until I can try this.  I'll test and
report back.

> I will try and replicate this setup tonight.

Many thanks!

Bruce.

PS.  Food for thought:  Should bridge devices have IFF_MULTICAST set?
Mine doesn't.

hornet# ifconfig bridge0
bridge0: flags=41<UP,RUNNING> mtu 1500
        inet (foo) netmask 0xffffff00
        inet6 (bar) prefixlen 64
        ether ac:de:48:cd:e2:32
        priority 32768 hellotime 2 fwddelay 15 maxage 20
        member: sis1 flags=3<LEARNING,DISCOVER>
        member: sis0 flags=3<LEARNING,DISCOVER>