Aggregate network interfaces

Gary D. Margiotta gary at tbe.net
Fri Aug 26 02:09:39 GMT 2005

Hello,

Probably a stupid question, but I've not had much luck searching for the
answers (probably because I'm not using the correct search terminology).

Is there a way to bond multiple network cards together, so as to get a
higher aggregate bandwith?  And also, if it is possible, is it recommended
to do so, or am I looking at more trouble than its worth?

Thanks to a liquidation of office equipment from a previous employer, I
ended up with several Intel series 10/100 switches (530 host and 535
member series), and a whole basket of Intel and 3Com 10/100 network cards.

Rather than going out and buying new gigabit hardware, and since I have
the spare PCI slots, switch ports and cards lying around, I'm curious to
see if this could be a solution.

Please cc: replies directly to me, as I'm not subscribed to this
particular list (and if this really should belong on another list, please
let me know as well, and I'll repost).

Thanks for any info,

-Gary