Atheros 5212

Sam Leffler sam at errno.com
Thu Aug 11 18:47:36 GMT 2005

Kevin Downey wrote:
> On 8/10/05, Sam Leffler <sam at errno.com> wrote:
>
>>Giovanni P. Tirloni wrote:

> This seems to be fixed. I cvsupped to 6.0beta2 and still had problems.
> Then because I did not know what else to do I recompiled the kernel
> wit h PREEMPTION. Everything seems fine and dandy now...

You should not need to rebuild w/ PREEMPTION.  If there's a problem with
ath I'd like to know so if you can tell me the steps you used to trigger
the problem it'd be appreciated.  As I said I'm aware of some issues
with  unloading if_ath and wlan & co as modules--there is a locking
assertion that is not satisfied and dynamic references to the cipher
modules (and also wlan_acl) are not tracked so it's possible to unload
one module when another still has references to code+data.  I've got
fixes for all these things but haven't committed them yet.

	Sam