[RFC] Port of DfBSDs new IP Checksum Code

Bruce M Simpson bms at spc.org
Sat Aug 6 12:16:25 GMT 2005

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 06, 2005 at 01:43:29PM +0200, Gordon Bergling wrote:
> I have ported the new IP Checksum Code from DragonflyBSD to FreeBSD.
> I have a patch available at
> http://generic.0xfce3.net/freebsd/ipchecksum/20050805-ipchecksum.patch

There are inline i386 instructions in a machine-independent header; is this
intentional? Also the asm_ones32() code seems to exist only for i386.

Without support for other platforms, and some cleanup, I don't think that
the patch can be committed as is, sadly.

I do like the general idea of rewriting in_cksum() to take advantage of
branch prediction logic in modern microprocessors, however.

Regards,
BMS