inet6_pfil_hook undefined on -HEAD

Andrew Thompson thompsa at freebsd.org
Thu Aug 4 09:42:54 GMT 2005

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 11:58:02PM -0700, Darcy Buskermolen wrote:
> In an effort to test the bridge device, I followed the instructions in
> man if_bridge to create the bridge, I received an SIOCIFCREATE Invalid
> argument, so I figured I needed to load the bridging code module. When I
> attempt to kldload if_bridge I get the above error.

It looks like you have built your kernel without INET6 and are loading
if_bridge as a module (automatically from ifconfig).

Modules are built independently from the kernel so you will need to put

  NO_INET6=yes

in your /etc/make.conf and rebuild the module (cd
/sys/modules/if_bridge; make; make install clean)

cheers,

Andrew