Implementing a PPP/L2TP stack using Netgraph

Rayene Ben Rayana rayene.benrayana at topnet.tn
Tue Apr 19 05:56:27 PDT 2005

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to connect an IPv6 streaming client to an IPv6 server through a
GPRS connection.

The client protocol stack should be like this

RTP / UDP / IPv6 / PPP(client) / L2TP / UDP / IPv4 / PPP (kernel) /
Bluetooth

For the moment, I've to implement this one to test.

RTP / UDP / IPv6 / PPP(client) / L2TP / UDP / IPv4 / ethernet

Ooof

I've read some man pages and I think that the netgraph's graph should be
like this.

ng_socket  (/inet6/dgram/UDP) connected to   ng_ppp        (Inet)
ng_ppp     (bypass)           connected to   PPP daemon    (???)
ng_ppp     (link1)            connected to   ng_l2tp       (Session_0001)
ng_l2tp    (ctrl)             connected to   ControlEntity (???)
ng_l2tp    (lower)            connected to   UDP /IP       (but how)
IP                            connected to   ng_ether      (Upper)

Doesn't look to be good :(

Please help me. I promise to write a tutorial for the newbies if this works.