Fwd: RSA implementation

Matthew N. Dodd mdodd at FreeBSD.ORG
Wed Apr 13 02:39:26 PDT 2005

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, Swami Pichumani wrote:
> Is there an in-kernel RSA implementation available...if there is one,
> could you kindly point me to it. I wish to use RSA functions in the TCP
> code. Can someone guide me on how I can go about doing that (if I dont
> want to implement RSA myself).

The actual RSA bits aren't really a big deal:

 	C = (T^E) mod PQ
 	T = (C^D) mod PQ

 	where C = ciphertext, T = plaintext, PQ = modulus,
 	E = public exponent and D = secret exponent

 	(from http://world.std.com/~franl/crypto/rsa-guts.html)

You really need an arbitrary precision library and key management of some
sort.

I'm finishing up an arbitrary precision library that runs in the kernel
and userland.  I'd welcome review and critique once the code is ready for
the light of day.

I've got a few ideas about what key management should look like, and will
be working on it soonish.  What is your application?  I'd like to make
sure my work is useful to others.

--
10 40 80 C0 00 FF FF FF FF C0 00 00 00 00 10 AA AA 03 00 00 00 08 00