(KAME-snap 9008) Please review this diff...

Keiichi SHIMA keiichi at iijlab.net
Mon Apr 11 21:57:55 PDT 2005

Hi,

From: gnn at freebsd.org
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 22:30:45 +0900

> I would like to check in the following diff against FreeBSD-CURRENT
> and to get feedback from the Kame folks on the general usefulness of
> these fixes.  All changes are against icmp6.c.
>
> The first part of the diff removes dead code as I suspect MCLBYTES,
> the size of a cluster, will never be less than 48, which is the size
> of maxlen set above those lines.

I checked the log when the code was added, but found no useful
information.  Maybe it is intended to handle a special architecture
which MCLBYTES is very small.  I don't know such an architecture,
though...

> The second part checks for error returns from the duplication of the
> packets before starting to copy things around.

These error checks seems correct.  We will update our code too.

Thank you for your pointing them out.

Regards,

---
Keiichi SHIMA