3 NICs - 1 upstream, 2 downstream to same subnet??

RRrp Toren rtoren at bronzedragon.net
Fri Sep 3 04:05:16 PDT 2004

Nickolay A. Kritsky wrote:

> Hello rip,
>
> Are you sure that you want only one subnet? In your case two different
> subnets on two interfaces IMHO look much better. If you are sure about
> one-subnet setup than you should try to set up a bridge(4) between
> them two NICs. Bridge in FreeBSD is supporting ipfw filtering, so
> you can still complete your security goals.

    No, I am nor sure. I tried using 11.x.x.x on the xl0, but all routing out
of the machine stopped along there somewhere. It may have been the xl drivers
that don't seem to play well with multiple copies running.
    I have the outbound interface NATed, so using a live subnet number
shouldn't be a problem. Or maybe just go to one of the other 1918 values.
Thanks; I'll give that a try again today.

Rip