PPTP client fails to function on 4.10-R

Brett Glass brett at lariat.org
Tue Nov 16 21:52:20 GMT 2004

I'm tearing my hair trying to get this to work.... Maybe someone can help.

Just brought up a new system with FreeBSD-4.10-R installed. Network card is an
old Intel '557 (fxp); GENERIC kernel running. Tried to install and run the
PPTP client from the Ports Collection, and am not able to connect to my PPTP
server, even from the same LAN. Other clients (Windows-based and FreeBSD 5.2)
are connecting successfully to the same server with no trouble. Has anyone
noticed any problems with this port of late? Any problems doing GRE through
the fxp driver? I've tried everything obvious and am looking for ideas (or for
things I've missed).

--Brett Glass