Asus WiiFi@Home help please

Xinizul Xinizul xinizul at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 09:00:59 PST 2004

Hello all:

I'm a newbie trying to configure my Asus WIFI at Home PCI like card.

I have a 3Com Wireless router, currently conected through my ethernet
card Since FreeBSD does not recognize my wireless card :-(

I've used the ndis tools to import the drivers:
Rt2400.INF,  rt2400.sys (I have another rt2400.cat file I don't know what it is)

The problem is that I am not able to make it work:

1) First of all:

ifconfig ndis0 inet 192.168.2.3 netmask 255.255.255.0 ssid Asus_3Com

Create the following record:

ndis0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        inet6 fe80::20e:a6ff:feb0:2411%ndis0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x5
        ether 00:0e:a6:b0:24:11
        media: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet autoselect (DS/11Mbps)
        status: associated
        ssid Asus_3Com 1:Asus_3Com
        channel 6 authmode OPEN powersavemode OFF powersavesleep 100
        rtsthreshold 2312 protmode CTS
        wepmode OFF weptxkey 1

I'm not able to set the inet IP parameter correctly !!! it just
ignores me (probably because the 192.268.2.3 doesn't exists)

When I use the IP related to my ethernet card: 192.168.2.2 it : 1) Not
works ... 2) it freezes my computer.
It would be nice if somebody could tell me how to create this new IP
for my wirless card.

I would be thankful if anybody could help me ti install correctly the
wirless network.

Another question: I downloaded the sourcecode of the driver from the
vendor but it is not ready to compile under FreeBSD , Has someone
compiled it ?

Thanks a lot,

Xinizul