in.c autoadding prefix route

Bruce M Simpson bms at spc.org
Thu Nov 11 19:28:33 PST 2004

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 07:13:18PM -0800, Brooks Davis wrote:
> I have no objections so this change.  Does this help or hurt our quest
> to be able to usefully bind to 0.0.0.0?  It would be really nice if we
> could eventually do this so we could stop running bpf on 90+% of all
> machines just so we could use DHCP.

Nope, that's a job for my IP_SENDIF change (as yet unimplemented).

This change, however, may make things somewhat easier for interfaces
configured with the same broadcast address; IP_ONESBCAST currently
relies on the fact that an interface is numbered and has a network
broadcast address to do what it does, but I can see that changing
or perhaps even becoming obsolete if IP_SENDIF is implemented.

It's a trivial change to implement SO_BINDTODEVICE on top for Linux
compatibility.

Regards,
BMS