IPFW2 matching a list/set of interfaces

Anthony Volodkin anthonyv at brainlink.com
Thu Nov 11 00:05:39 PST 2004

Hi,

I've been trying to implement some ipfw rules that would match several
interfaces using the recv/via/xmit keywords, however that seems to be
unsupported.  So a rule like:

ipfw add allow ip from any to 192.168.100.100 via {fxp0,ng0,xl0}

fails with an invalid ) error.  Alternatively if I use an or block, i
get an error about an invalid or block.

Does anyone know whether this is actually possible/supported/supported
in the near future?  Sure I could make a rule for each interface, but in my situation that would not scale well.

Thanks,

Anthony Volodkin