NDIS: How can I help with these (2nd request).

Larry Rosenman ler at lerctr.org
Sat May 29 05:50:21 GMT 2004

--On Friday, May 28, 2004 22:51:19 -0500 Mike Silbersack <silby at silby.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, 28 May 2004, Larry Rosenman wrote:
>
>> I E-mailed you (Silby) the driver.  You should also be able to use
>> ports/archivers/cabextract to pull stuff from the cab's.
>>
>> LER
>
> Neat, I didn't know we had that util in ports.  I tried it on the cabs,
> and it told me to use "unshield", which was also in ports, so I was able
> to pull them apart in the end.

I'm always amazed at what we have in Ports. :)

> After looking through the cabs from linksys's installer, I agree - there
> is only one non-9x series driver.  Looks like the only way to get the card
> working properly may be to send Bill one of these cards and hope that he
> has time to debug the problem.

Unfortunately, I'm unemployed at the moment, and can't really afford to
spend the $99 or so to supply a card.   It works, mostly, except for when
it decides to go off and die. :(.

> In the meantime, you're probably best off buying another card, perhaps one
> of the ones supported natively by ath(4) or one known to work with the
> NDISulator properly.

Again, $$ are an issue, but I understand.

> If you can find any linux NDISulator support boards it might be worthwhile
> poking around there... if the driver is also broken there, maybe there's
> hope that a new driver will fix the problem.

Hrm.  I don't know of any, but thanks.

> That's the end of my knowledge of the NDISulator, good luck! :)

Thanks anyway, Mike.

Phone: +1 972-414-9812                 E-Mail: ler at lerctr.org