shutdown node VS disconnect all hooks

Gleb Smirnoff glebius at cell.sick.ru
Fri May 28 10:10:10 GMT 2004

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 01:31:09AM -0700, Julian Elischer wrote:

J> > JE>actually I don't know if you do need to edit the nodes
J> > JE>types.. At one time it was true that unassigned elements on
J> > JE>the end will be NULL.
J> >
J> > Sure they will, but this will confuse the next one who is adding
J> > a new operation. I was just thinking: 'In the case that Gleb has nothing
J> > else to do he could as well just take the chance...' :-)
J>
J> He seems to have taken the bait
J> (heh heh)
J>
J> It'd be best to make the change to sparse initialisers a separate patch
J> that I cold commit separatly,
J> so reduce teh size of the functionality change patch.
J>
J> (or harti could commit it.., or ruslan)

Agreed. I make a series of patches then :)

Here is the first one - convert all ng_type initializers to C99 sparse type.

AFAIK, we also have two netgraph ports. Adding of preshutdown method will break
them. I'll fix ng_netflow port, and notify maintainer of ng_daphne.

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.
GLEBIUS-RIPN GLEB-RIPE