ia_netbroadcast

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Tue May 18 05:54:05 PDT 2004

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 03:47:56AM -0700, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
+> On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 12:05:03PM +0200, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
+> ...
+> > +> > Do we still need ia_netboradcast field? It is calculated depending on
+> > +> > old-fashion classes (A, B, C). Is it used still?
+> > +> > I wonder if ia_broadaddr isn't sufficient today.
+> > +>
+> > +> not just that, it seems that ia_netboradcast contains bogus info.
+> >
+> > So?
+>
+> nuke it!
+> Also if, as Andre said, it might be used by windows apps,
+> one could certainly compute it on the fly from the IP address.

I think it will be much better if some of you guys will nuke it,
as you understand this code much better than me.

Thanks!

--
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd at FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl