Transparent Bridging Admin Interface

russ at 500records.com russ at 500records.com
Fri May 14 10:25:36 PDT 2004

Hi folks,

I was searching the through the archives and found this question which seams to
be describing a similar problem I am having, I did not find a reply or answer
to it though. So I would like to ask the question again as it seams to very
close to mine and I would imagine it must be resolveable, probably through a
simple configuration or patch
 See the link below for the original post.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-net/2003-December/002109.html

I have set up Transparent Bridging and IPFW on a server by compiling support
into the Kernel as described in the FreeBSD handbook and other FreeBSD
tutorials, no frills just the basics
 2 interfaces, no IPs, passing traffic
with the firewall wide open by default.  I configured the machine over ssh
before I stuck it on the network via a third interface that has an IP from the
LAN the machine is bridging. When I put the bridge onto the network, it works
perfectly, passing all packets both ways through the open firewall, but the
third interface, the admin one with an ip on my network stops working
 just
like describe in the original post

Oh yea... FreeBSD 5.2.1 P4 1.4ghz 512Ram 2x3com (bridge) nics 1xrealtek (admin
interface w/ ip)

It must be some sort of logical loop bug!!! Anybody have any ideas, thanks,

Russ