freevrrp problem

Sebastien Petit spetit at selectbourse.com
Wed May 12 03:56:16 PDT 2004

Hi Tom,

There is a problem with freevrrpd and em drivers. em driver go down,wait 2
seconds, and become up again when an SIOCIFLLADDR is used. So a flapping
problem will appear. The last revision in CVS resolve this problem and a new
parameter called carrier_timeout (see the man with the new revision) can be
used to precise the number of seconds for waiting interface to be up.
New parameters for spanning tree latency and vlan has been added because
when a switch port will be down and up, the port switch became in learning
state and a flapping problem will result from that. Try to disable spanning
tree or set the spanning tree parameter with the duration of the learning
state.

You can disable monitored circuits too if you want.

Is you have any problems about freevrrpd, let me know with logs/conf.

Regards,
Sebastien.
spe at selectbourse.net