How to use the RTM_IFINFO message of a Routing Socket

Juan Rodriguez Hervella jrh at it.uc3m.es
Mon May 10 12:03:03 PDT 2004

Hello,

I dont understand, looking at "man 4 route", how to use the RTM_IFINFO
message of a Routing Socket.

I mean, do I have to make a "write" on the socket with a
"struct if_msghdr" of type = RTM_IFINFO and later on a "read" with
the same data structure ?

Or can I just open the PF_ROUTE socket and then make a "read" with
a "struct if_msghdr" data structure, w/out doing a "write" ?

I'm really lost, and I haven't found documentation about this topic, so
please if somebody can give me an example or pointing me to
somewhere to learn to use this, I'd be delighted. Looking at
"usr/src/bin/route.c" is simple another big mess for me.

I'm looking forward to your answers, net-people !

--
******
JFRH