kern/45733: file descriptor flags and socket flags out of sync

Robert Watson rwatson at freebsd.org
Wed Jun 23 01:06:15 GMT 2004

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Bruce M Simpson wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 07:11:19PM -0400, Robert Watson wrote:
> > 	so->so_state |= (head->so_state & SS_NBIO);
>
> In the end this is what it boils down to. I've committed this and an
> appropriate manual page update.

Since you're looking at the propagation of head so_state to new socket
so_state, you might want to look at the similar statement in sonewconn(),
which copies so_state from head to the new socket, and adds the SS_NOFDREF
flag.  Should we only be propagating SS_NBIO here as well?

robert at fledge.watson.org      Senior Research Scientist, McAfee Research