kern/68110 (rfc 3522)

Andre Oppermann andre at freebsd.org
Tue Jun 22 11:35:07 GMT 2004

Jon Noack wrote:

> Has anyone looked at kern/68110?
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/68110

The situation is a little bit complicated.  I agree that having RFC3522
is a good thing.

However there is a political problem with the author of the rfc3522 of
DFBSD.  He is also still a FreeBSD committer, but for political reasons
he has very much refrained from doing any FreeBSD work for about a year
now.  About six or seven month ago I had a port of rfc3522 ready in my
tree and wanted to commit it.  He vetoed me and said he would do it by
himself.  Yet for those political reasons he wont do any work on FreeBSD
including this.  The only way to solve this is that either someone simply
committs it (this is BSD licensed code after all) and pisses him off, or
someone convinces him to do it himself (which I don't think he will).

Deadlock...

--
Andre