PPPoE

Yohan yohanphilip at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 20 16:05:21 GMT 2004

Im using PPPoE / FreeBSD 4.9  with a DSL line provided by my ISP. The same modem / line works fine / connects to the internet on a Windows 2000 machine. But when i use it with my FreeBSD machine using ppp i get the following message in my ppp.log "-> Waiting for carrier" - "Last message repeated n times". I have followed the FreeBSD handbook instructions for setting up PPPoE. Have also tried various other articles related to PPPoE setup on FreeBSD. I have tried various other options like disabling carrier and others but i am unable to get past the "no carrier" problem. Any help will be greatly apreciated.

Thanks in advance and regards

Yohan