kern/56461: FreeBSD client rpc.lockd incompatible with Linux server rpc.lockd

Barney Wolff barney at databus.com
Fri Jun 18 21:29:05 GMT 2004

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 02:19:17PM -0700, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> * Barney Wolff <barney at databus.com> [040618 14:09] wrote:
> >
> > Pardon an ignorant question, but what happens to unfortunate people who
> > have to talk to both Linux and non-quirky servers at the same time?  Is
> > there a way to detect what flavor of server you're talking to and adjust
> > accordingly?  That would be far better than a sysctl.
>
> Mount option?  Can we do that these days?

I was really hoping for something not requiring user knowledge and
intervention.  pf seems to have some automatic os detection features,
for example, if I'm reading its manpage correctly.

--
Barney Wolff         http://www.databus.com/bwresume.pdf
I'm available by contract or FT, in the NYC metro area or via the 'Net.