update to 4.10 via ssh

Nicolás de Bari Embríz G. R. nbari at unixmexico.com
Fri Jun 18 03:26:36 GMT 2004

Hi all, right now I am using freebsd 4.9 but I would like to update to
4.10-STABLE but I have a problem, I want to do this on a dedicated server
the one is in  another country and miles away from me, so I am planing to
do this over ssh.

what I plan to do is a cvsup to get the latest release then:

 1.  `cd /usr/src'
 2.  `make buildworld'
 3.  `make buildkernel KERNCONF=MY_KERNEL'
 4.  `make installkernel KERNCONF=MY_KERNEL'
 6.  `mergemaster -p'
 7.  `make installworld'
 8.  `mergemaster'
 9.  `reboot'

Also I have Perl installed from ports so I have commented the #NOPERL=
true on /etc/make.conf

I will appreciate some help, tips or recommendations for doing this so I
can update my system.

thanks in advance

nbari at unixmexico.com
key ID 1EF56FDC