Fw: Re: A quagga-related issue

Vlad GALU dudu at diaspar.rdsnet.ro
Mon Jun 14 08:11:47 GMT 2004

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 09:03:19 +0100
From: Bruce M Simpson <bms at spc.org>
To: Vlad GALU <dudu at diaspar.rdsnet.ro>
Subject: Re: A quagga-related issue

Hi,

Unfortunately I'm not a quagga developer, so you might have better luck
getting an answer to your question by posting to -net or asking on the
Quagga forums. I think there may be a configuration option to change the
behaviour you're talking about but can't recall what it might be.

Regards,
BMS

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 09:43:43AM +0300, Vlad GALU wrote:

> 	I've set up a BGP session with a Cisco peer. For some reasons, I
> 	wanted
> all connected routes to be redistributed to BGP. On the same system
> that ran quagga (a FreeBSD machine) I had openvpn open several hundred
> interfaces (btw, about the minor number generation, that was OK. I
> don't know why mc kept showing strange numbers) at once. The problems
> relies in the fact that tun interfaces can't be removed. Then quagga
> parses the list of interfaces to gather the connected routes. Because
> the tun interfaces are still there, quagga reports the routes as well.
> How would you feel about changing the code a little bit, for quagga
> not adding the routes connected to interfaces marked as 'down' ?

----
If it's there, and you can see it, it's real.
If it's not there, and you can see it, it's virtual.
If it's there, and you can't see it, it's transparent.
If it's not there, and you can't see it, you erased it.