Setting-Up my PC to a Printer in our LAN - FX DocuColor 1250 CP

Olivier Nicole on at cs.ait.ac.th
Sun Jan 25 20:28:29 PST 2004

> I am just wandering if anyone in this Mailing List can give me any
> hints, help or advice on how to set up my FreeBSD Box so that I can
> finally Print from my PC instead of asking my officemates who are using
> Windows to Print for me...

I am not sure I understand what you exactelly mean.

You want to print a job from FreeBSD to a printer attached to a
Windows based machine? Samba does it very well.

You want to print a job from FreeBSD to a printer attached to a
FreeBSD machine? That is basic Unix printing.

You want to print form a Windows system to a printer attached to a
freeBSD machine? Samba again.

You want to print from a Windows system to a printer attached to a
Windows system? Uh? We are out of topic :)

Olivier