Two ISP lines

Randall R. Stewart (home) randall at stewart.chicago.il.us
Thu Jan 22 16:38:57 PST 2004

Andrea/all:

An interesting question... the following link has
some thoughts along these lines... and something
for the BSD community to think upon...

http://www.sctp.org/what_is_alt_route

TCP could definetly use something like the above (with Itojun's Multi-path
updates as well).. it would give more reliability to  even a singly
homed protocol such as TCP :->

Andrea Venturoli wrote:

>Ok, I asked already asked something similar to this in the past, but it's not the same thing... maybe it's a trivial
>question...
>If I had two lines to the Internet: how would I use both?
>Could I just provide two default routes? How?
>What algorithm would be used to choose among the two?
>What if one failed?
>
> bye & Thanks
>        av.

Randall R. Stewart