MPD server not routing

Andrew Thomas ath101a at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 22:11:53 PST 2004

Gleb,

> A> I'm trying to get mpd working as a simple vpn server.  I'm doing
> A> this on a 4.9-STABLE machine of a week or so ago.  No matter what
> A> I do, packets will not route to the client.  The login is fine,
> A> the server machine has gateway enabled=YES (and in fact works OK
>
> <==skip==>
>
> For me mpd works well on STABLE system. I suppose, you should
> examine your firewall configuration, and NAT, if there is one.

Could you please tell me - are you using IPFILTER by any chance?
And, if you are, are you using IPFILTER_DEFAULT_BLOCK?

For me it's yes and yes.  In looking at things it seems like the
latter setting might be the problem since the 4.6 machine I tried
uses IPFILTER but not default blocking.  No NAT on either setup.

Thanks for the feedback!

Andy