Two ISP lines

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Mon Jan 19 09:59:22 PST 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Andrea Venturoli wrote:

> lines to the Internet: how would I use both? Could I just provide two
> default routes? How? What algorithm would be used to choose among the
> two? What if one failed?

seems to be the topic of the week over at freebsd-questions. short end of
the stick is, freebsd as it is today does not do multipath routing, so you
cant add a default route to two gateways for round robin usage. however,
there was a multipath patch for 4-STABLE some months back, though for the
life of me, i don't know where it's archived anymore.

check -questions archives for this thread.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/