PPPOE server with pppoed and mppe

Emil Filipov tie at einet.bg
Mon Jan 19 01:07:56 PST 2004

Hi,

G> How much Mbytes/sec have you got with MPPE?
I get about 70-80 kbytes/s, while without encrytion the speed is 150-160
kbytes/s (and that's my hardware limit).
A friend of mine tested my configuration in a LAN and got no decrease in the
performance with encryption added. I am going to try to exclude the VLAN and
VDSL parts (over which my connection goes)  and see what happens. It seems
that no one has seen this problem before, so it must be something specific
for my configuration. I'll post a follow-up as soon as I discover the
problem. Thanks for the cooperation though :)

Regards,
Emil Filipov